28 November 2014

Rescue Beauty Lounge Réveillon

Hi loves! Today I have another polish to show you I bought and wore a while ago. Rescue Beauty Lounge was offering both FREE worldwide shipping AND the third polish free, so yeah.. couldn't pass that up now could I ^^? The shades I grabbed were Small, Dim, Summer Stars; Kellie Gonzo and Réveillon which I am showing today.

Rescue Beauty Lounge Réveillon

Rescue Beauty Lounge Réveillon was created as part of the Fan Collection 2.0. Everyone could submit polish ideas and Ji selected 6 ideas to be translated into a real polish. This was the inspiration:
“My vision for Réveillon is based on the cold winter afternoons growing up on the Quebec/NYS border. This is the borderland where we speak both French and English; for many on the American side, it’s the furthest south our families migrated. Réveillon is a holiday dinner held for Christmas and/or New Year’s Eve. It is an event of tradition and family, marking the transition from night to day as the dinner/party lasts well past midnight. Réveillon is celebrated with luxurious feasting in the company of family and friends. Given that it takes place after the winter solstice, the holiday suggests the coming of spring, albeit many months from that day. The color in my mind is a cool, silver-toned blue (more silver than blue) inspired by the icy landscape of late December. There is an internal flash of gold/white shimmer, perhaps violet, representing the light as reflected off ice, as well as the fireworks often used to light the night sky on Réveillon. Réveillon is mysterious with a complex depth and internal shimmer/light.” — Cara’s longing.

Rescue Beauty Lounge Réveillon

Rescue Beauty Lounge Réveillon

I think the inspiration really speaks through the product - it must have been so cool for Cara to see this shade come to life! In most swatches this pulls more blue but on me this shade leans way more gray. Still lovely, especially with the shimmer, but not what I expected. The formula is great, just 2 coats are all you need for a creamy and opaque finish! The RBL brush is of good quality and the brush cap holds nicely.

Rescue Beauty Lounge Réveillon

Do you own any Rescue Beauty Lounge polishes? If so, which one's your favorite? Tell me in the comments!

1. This looks absolutely stunning on you! And yay I'm glad you bought my color too, can't wait to see it on you!!! 😊

2. Allison @neversaydiebeauty28 November, 2014 17:42

What a beautiful winter shade! Looks like ice!

3. What a beautiful shade- I love that pink shimmer.

4. This is polish perfection! I agree with Allison– it really is a beautiful winter shade!

5. This is so beautiful, great swatches! I don't own anything from this brand yet.

6. MyBeautyJunction28 November, 2014 18:40

Free worldwide shipping? Argh, what rock was I living under? I've been eyeing some of their polishes for ages. Love the pink shimmer in this polish.

7. What a beautiful shade, I love it! I can't believe I missed the sale, I've been wanting to try this brand out since pretty much everyone I know loves their polish.

8. What a lovely shade! I love the dimension in it.

9. Color Me So Crazy28 November, 2014 21:03

Ya know, I do not own any RBLs, but I love every color I have seen. This one is gorgeous.

10. Well this is absolutely stunning Deborah!! Now I want this grrrr! :p

11. Jennifer Channell28 November, 2014 22:27

Beautiful color!

12. This is such a fabulous shade!! Great swatch!

13. Bailey_AlltheWords29 November, 2014 02:00

Per usual your swatches are stunning- such a gorgeous shade!

14. Seriously gorgeous. I have had my eye on RBL polishes for a while now.

15. Holy crap! Your swatches are amazinggggggg. I just fall in love over and over with polishes I already like! Wow!

16. The color is gorgeous ! I can't get over how pretty your cuticles are

17. Lovely polish! I don't own any RBLs but I think I need to get some.

18. Yay RBL! I have two brands that I collect, mainly because the formula works great for me and I love their unique colors. RBL is one of the two. :)

Lately it seems like they're always running some sort of sale. Next friday (the 5th) she's going to have 30% off gift cards, if you save them up for the next free-shipping sale you can get some really sweet deals.

19. fife fantasi Nails29 November, 2014 17:40

awesome shade, I love this shimmer- it is lovely :)

20. The Polished Mommy30 November, 2014 00:37

This is super pretty!

21. Cosmetic Sanctuary30 November, 2014 02:30

This one has been on my WL for a bit now! Beautiful!

22. This is gorgeous! The shimmer just comes alive in your pics!

23. This is beyond gorgeous, for realz!

24. This was today's nail mail! Early birthday present from a friend. I am so excited, she knows me well I guess! And it's my first RBL, too!

25. Виктория Артамонова06 December, 2014 19:28

Oh, I love my RBLs :) Ji is amazing at making smooth cremes and complex beautiful shimmers. "Real housewives of the Tudor dynasty" is one of my favourite collections of all time. Sadly, Jane and Catherine H do not agree with my skintone, but I still admire how accurately these polishes reflect the characters of the queens they are named after. And as for Catherine and Anne - you should see that shimmer! It's unbelievably gorgeous.

Chinoise, Dead Calm and Recycle are my "staple" colors when I need a pure red, blue or green (respectively).

And though I am always very cautious with pink, Naked Without Polish enchanted me. It is a very calm shade of pink (nothing too aggressively girly) and it has green/turquoise shimmer and gold flakies! Impossible to resist ))

26. I still haven't gotten around to wearing it but I am quite sure I'll LOVE it because it has such a great person behind it ;-).

27. Well they are having a giftcard sale starting tomorrow.. 30% off each giftcard ;-).

28. I was so happy with that deal! BUT, Ji is having a giftcard sale starting tomorrow, 30% discount on all giftcards!

29. Did you know there's a giftcard sale starting tomorrow? Each giftcard is 30% off which is a really nice discount on some polishes!

30. Thanks Anne, it certainly has amazing depth.

31. Thanks Laura! Not to enable you or anything (ha, that's a lie :P) but tomorrow there's a giftcard sale starting.. all giftcards are 30% discounted!

32. Thank you so much Betzy! Truth be told I'm having some issues lately to keep them under control.. the cold is making my skin so dry!

33. Yes, I read about the sale (it's starting tomorrow, but I think she mixed up communication before) and it's a great discount for sure!

34. Take advantage of the giftcard sale that starts tomorrow! It basically provides you with a 30% discount!

35. It's a true beauty Lisa! And there's a giftcard sale starting tomorrow which basically means a 30% discount ;-).

36. That's so sweet! I hope you enjoy it as well :-).

37. I own both Anne and Catherine H! They are super perfect ♥. Sounds like I need to invest in a few more shades.. too bad they are so expensive :(.

38. No but I need to change that hehe! YOUR FAULT!