26 November 2014

Stamping nailart using A-England Fotheringhay Castle

Hi loves! Recently I reviewed the A-England Elizabeth & Mary collection and I already mentioned that Fotheringhay Castle stamps perfectly. Today I have the proof to show you ^^. Actually, this look is a twist on a design I did over a year ago and was very popular. Being featured in a recent Flashback Sunday it inspired me to create a 2.0 version.

Came out pretty decent, right :-)?

To create this look, I started with a base of Polish My Life Birthday Suit, a super lovely slightly off white creme. It applies so lovely! To make it dry a bit quicker I topped with a layer of topcoat and busted out my Messy Mansion stampers. I bought the 10 piece pro set a while back (it took some time to arrive since customs got in the way...) and it's just PERFECT. All stampers were packed in their own little cap, a primer sponge and scrapers included and oh my.. I thought my white XL stamper from eBay was soft and squishy. Yeah. It's like a piece of concrete now compared to the 4 squishiest stampers in this set! But, the squishyness also has a learning curve, since you can't make a rolling motion in any way or you'll distort your image. I need some practice as you can see!

A-England Fotheringhay Castle has the perfect contrast against that creamy white base, and this stamping image still pleases me. It comes from the MoYou London Artist 04 plate and is wide and long enough to use for me.

Yes, it might be a slight variation on last years design, but I still love how it came out. And I am pretty sure that beautiful A-England will be used more often to stamp!

How do you feel about this combination? And do you like last years version better or do you prefer the 2.0? Tell me in the comments!

1. This is just gorgeous. Both the design and the colours you chose.

2. I love both versions and I'm still in love with the pattern! This is what I call perfection <3

3. Виктория Артамонова26 November, 2014 18:33

" I need some practice as you can see!"
    nope. I can't see any flaws! :)

4. That looks so great, love the pattern!

5. That stamping is impeccable! Wow! I'm super impressed right now!

6. Absolutelly beautiful

7. I can only wish that my stamping is like yours. :P This is perfect! :)

8. Omg I LOVE this manicure! The glittery olive green polish is sooo pretty, and the stamping is just perfect!

9. Marisa (Polish Obsession)26 November, 2014 20:04

I love, love, love this mani!!! The combo and design are so pretty!!

10. OMG, this is seriously such an amazing mani! It's basically perfection. I love the pattern, the combination of colors, and the combination of finishes! It's stunningly gorgeous! I would never stop wearing it if I had the skills to do it in the first place! You are awesome!

11. Absolutely gorgeous! I love using A England colors to stamp with and this is just so pretty!!

12. That color is perfect for that design. Gorgeous! :)

13. Wow. Fotheringhay Castle stamps so well! I love this combination!

14. MyBeautyJunction26 November, 2014 21:17

I love the name of the polish. And HOLY WOW that is perfect stamping!

15. This is so amazingly beautiful!

16. Beautiful!! Something about this reminds me of Gone With the Wind and Scarlett O'Hara Hamilton's dress made of her mother's curtains. I love it!

17. Allison @neversaydiebeauty26 November, 2014 23:21

What a stunning design from your stamp! And Fotheringhay Castle is so lovely

18. Jennifer Channell27 November, 2014 02:26

Beautiful stamping! That looks perfect the way it is! Great job,I'm a huge fan of stamping. I am border line obsessed.

19. This stamping is stunning! What a perfect color combo. It's so regal feeling. Absolutely beautiful!

20. Holy crap, this is so freaking gorgeous!!

21. a-englands do stamp so well. I want these nails to be my nails!

22. Drooling over this color! I love it. It's going on my Christmas list, and if I don't get it, I'm buying it!

23. Seriously loving this right now

24. Victoria - manicurator27 November, 2014 06:17

dead. YOU make me want to stamp. theend.

25. Could this be more perfect? The answer is no. Gah! Such a magnificent mani!

26. I am amazed how good the A-England polish looks. I always stamp with special stamping polishes. I just haven't found regular polishes that do well on stamps.

27. Welp! I officially need this polish! Amazing color combo and stamping job!!

28. Beautiful stamping... beautiful mani - gorgeous combo of shades... I love it.

29. I'm obsessed with these Deborah <3 So pretty! And now I really need to try one of those stamper heads... :) Grrr!

30. That is amazing... the stamp and the colour and the brand go hand-in-hand! Amazing job!

31. Bailey_AlltheWords27 November, 2014 16:44

Amazing combo- the pattern and the colours just go so well. Love it!

32. This is sooo pretty! I love the combo, Fotheringhay Castle, and your stamping! Which Messy Mansion stamping heads are your favorite? I got the pink, yellow, and green sets!

33. I ordered that Suki plate because of your design last year! It is one of my favorite designs. Love this combo. I've been in the market for a new stamper set I will have to check out MM.