23 December 2014

Catrice Viennart Trend Edition ARTful Red

Hi loves! Today I have a gorgeous color to show you, and it will also be my last regular post this year. I have so much to do for Christmas (it's also my birthday) so I won't be posting the rest of the week, but be on the lookout for my 2014 favorites next week!

Want to know more about this beauty?
Recently Pantone introduced the Color of the Year 2015. It's called Marsala and it's this great reddish earthy tone, to me it's quite a neutral shade yet not boring at all. Well, Catrice must have had a vision because today's shade fits the Marsala one exactly in my opinion! Catrice ARTful Red is part of the Viennart Trend Edition which consist of 4 polishes along with other goodies. I grabbed one more shade which I'm hopefully showing some other time!

Catrice ARTful Red is like I said, a Marsala red shade, and it holds a beautiful coppery shimmer that warms up the base and makes it so interesting. The formula is nice and opaque and I needed 2 coats for opacity. The downside to Catrice shades is they come in these terrible bottles. The cap cracks when you aren't careful enough and the brush is fat and trimmed uneven, making application hard on my narrow nailbeds. I don't care with this shade, it's gorgeous! It also wore nicely for 2 days, no chips to be seen so that's great too :-).

How do you feel about Marsala? And do you think this Catrice shade fits the Pantone Color of the Year 2015? Tell me in the comments!

1. This is *such* a gorgeous color! But wonky brushes kill me, I don't know if I could deal with that. :/

2. That is beautiful and totally fits "marsala"!

3. Color Me So Crazy23 December, 2014 21:21

I really like this color. It's too bad about the brush. The thing that stinks is that this isn't the first time I have heard about the whacky brushes. Not good.

4. Color Me So Crazy23 December, 2014 21:22

Ohhh I almost forgot--- Happy early Birthday!!

5. WOW, that's a gorgeous shade, and it most certainly and perfectly embodies the spirit of the Pantone Color of the Year!

6. MyBeautyJunction23 December, 2014 21:47

LOVE this shade. I hate uneven brushes, and too bad about the flimsy bottle. I have mixed thoughts about marsala - on the one hand, it would be fabulous on finger and toenails, and lips. On the other hand, eyeshadow? Or maybe it could be a smoky eye without the black. Got to hunt through all my palettes and give it a whirl.

7. I love the shimmer in it. I hate Marsala

8. Victoria - manicurator23 December, 2014 23:49

What a stunning shade!!! And Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!! <3

9. Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous! I love it!

10. ValiantlyVarnished24 December, 2014 02:19

My gosh this color is stunning! It reminds me a bit of OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes but darker.

11. That is a very pretty color!! I love the design on the bottle too.

12. Your swatches are beautiful! I'm digging the color of the year, it's wearable and not too out there!

13. I know when this color was announced there was mixed reviews on it. I'm still unsure about it. Mostly because most brown toned polishes just look dreadful on me. I think the shimmer in it helps pretty it up a bit. Beautiful swatches!

14. Now THAT is a marsala shade I can get behind! Looks fab on you!

15. Marsala is a mature yet universally-appealing color. I like it personally.... and your mani of course

16. So this is a pretty fabulous Marsala rendition! Bummer about the bottle/cap/brush though.

17. What a stunning color. My mouth literally dropped open at the first picture. So beautiful!

18. I love the shimmer in that! This Catrice is perfect!!!

19. Gorgeous! Your swatch is perfect too!

20. What a stunning polish! Fits the Marsala theme perfectly! Wow!

21. The Polished Mommy24 December, 2014 21:46

OMG this color is TDF! WOW

22. Pretty, this polish is definitely Marsala! I still haven't completely warmed up to the colour but I'm slowly thawing on it. lol

23. Ohhhh! It's gorgeous and very much Marsala! I must go to the store soooon!
    And Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!

24. The Dalai Lama's Nails26 December, 2014 18:17

this is SO pretty - I love it! And happy birthday!!!

25. Thanks Jessica! Yeah that kinda sucks, but for this beautiful shade I´ll put up with it.

26. Since they changed the bottlecaps and brushes, it hasn´t really improved :/.

27. Thanks Lola! I'm so happy with my find - normally I'm not that trendy ;-).

28. Thanks girl! I think it can be a very versatile shade, not only in beauty but also clothing and jewelry. I'm eager to see what everyone comes up with!

29. Thanks Phyrra, glad you like something about it ;).

30. Thanks Victoria <3 hope you had a wonderful holiday as well!

31. YES that's what came to mind for me as well - I need to put them side by side to compare.

32. The trend editions always have such fun designs!

33. Thank you! And I agree with you, definitely wearable.

34. Thank you Jenna! I will certainly look for the more red toned versions of Marsala, though I like the warmth the brown adds to it.

35. Thanks! And yes, but for me the polish is amazing enough to put up with the shitty brush.

36. Thanks Sarah! Can you believe I didn't even buy it the first time I noticed it in store?!

37. Thank you Valesha! I'm so happy with it :).

38. I absolutely LOVE Marsala - I want to paint my walls with it lol!

39. The shimmer definitely makes the polish. ❤

40. Thanks dear! I'm so happy to have this :). And thank you!