05 January 2015

Nicole by OPI - Sea how far you go

Hi guys! Glad to see you back for the new year! I hope you all had a wonderful celebration and a good start on your New Year's resolutions! I myself am trying to make the holiday feeling last as long as I can. So for today I have quite a festive polish to show you: Sea how far you go from Nicole by OPI.

Let's check it out!
Nicole by OPI isn't easily found in stores here. But I was lucky enough to find a small batch in a discount store a while ago and since I don't own any polishes by this brand I was eager to try them!

Sea how far you go (quite a silly name, you would expect a blue/sea-green polish) is a pale gold shimmer, almost foil, polish. In the bottle it looks like a grey polish with a gold flash, but on the nails the grey is only barely visible on the edges of the nail. I was a bit disappointed by that to be honest. The colour is lovely the way it is, but I was hoping for a lot more of the grey to show up. Application was good though. Shown here is 3 thin coats with topcoat.

What do you guys think? Do you like it better like this, or would you have preferred more grey? and are there any most have Nicole by OPI polishes I need to look out for?

1. This is a nice polish, but it leaves me feeling a bit "meh". Lovely swatches, as always, though!

2. so beautiful...
    I loved it...
    Kisses
    Eva - www.adegadeesmaltes.blogspot.com
    IG: @adegadeesmaltes

3. Allison @neversaydiebeauty05 January, 2015 17:43

I love this gold. It looks like a real metallic gold.

4. Bummer about the gray not showing up well on the nail! Your swathes are great though!

5. The Dalai Lama's Nails05 January, 2015 18:34

I actually quite like it!

6. This is a pretty color but Im not overly wowed by it. I think because it reminds me too much of OPI Just Spotted the Lizard. Your swatches are great <3

7. Color Me So Crazy05 January, 2015 20:43

I got this in my Ipsy bag and I love, love it. I am soo in love with gold this year and I love the finish.

8. Victoria - manicurator05 January, 2015 21:31

Such an interesting shade! Looks like it would be perfect for nail art too!

9. It's very pretty, but I agree...I'm always up for a little gray!

10. It's a lovely gold but I understand your feelings over it not being what you expected.

11. This would look awful on my skintone, but it works for you! I could see it being used for nail art!

12. I really like this! I understand what you mean though about wanting more grey.

13. Kristin Bassett06 January, 2015 02:19

I love a good gold polish!

14. Beautiful shade modeled by perfect hand!

15. MyBeautyJunction06 January, 2015 07:32

This shade looks gorgeous on you - I can't pull it off, though, unless I use it with a brown creme or something.

16. This color was made for you !

17. This is an interesting polish! I don't know if I would ever wear it but it looks really lovely on you!

18. It is a really pretty gold if you don't want any of the grey :)
    I'm glad we agree on the name, it's so weird...

19. Thank you!
    'meh' is the right word for it, It's really pretty as is, but I wanted more grey :(

20. It is! It's quite sparkly too

21. The exception to the rule ;)

22. Thank you!
    I wish it was like that OPI, that's gorgous!

23. Yeah, it would have been really special with the grey in it!

24. Hi Brooke! Glad you like it!

25. :D I'm glad you got something you really loved!

26. I'm glad so many people still like it :D

27. Ooh yes, it would look great used like that!
    The name is so weird right?

28. Grey polishes are always pretty! :)

29. It would look great in nailart, you are right!

30. It's just a shame really :( It's pretty but I didn't need another pale gold

31. Thank you!
    Do you wear oranges well? They look terrible on me!

32. It's a shame when colours don't go with your skin :( Oranges never look right on me

33. It would have been so much more special with the grey.
    But I'm glad you like it!

34. I do wear oranges, but yellows and some neutrals tend to make me look like I have jaundiced or zombie hands!

35. The Polished Mommy06 January, 2015 21:24

sooooo pretty!! =)

36. Bailey_AlltheWords06 January, 2015 21:51

Gorgeous shade! I like that it's got that little bit of an antique/dirtiness to it.

37. This was my first, but it was really nice I agree

38. Oooh it would look great with a brown creme!
    And thank you!

39. <3 What a nice thing to say, thank you!

40. Thank you very much!

41. I really like the finish as well!

42. It's the tiny bit of grey that comes trough I think. Glad you like it!

43. Glad you like it Jamie!

44. Absolutely stunning!

45. This is so pretty! I don't have too many NOPI shades though I generally like the ones I have. I tend to buy them on sale, and if I was to mention favourites I think I'd say the pastel textured polishes they put out last spring (Roughles).

46. I think this is a great color! I have a few amazing NOPIs, I might stalk this one.

47. Cosmetic Sanctuary07 January, 2015 04:49