23 February 2015

More Distressed Nails!

Hi guys! I loved doing the distressed manicure I showed you 2 weeks ago. It was so fun and easy to do, and you guys seemed to like it too! So I thought I would try again :D This time I went for a pink mix with 4 polishes.

Let's check it out!
For this manicure I used a pink (China glaze - Dance baby), orange (Essence - Get the fever), purple (Zoya - Mira) and berry (Zoya - Stacy) polish. I did exactly the same as last time, starting with a white base (OPI - Alpine snow) and wiping most of the polish from the brushes. After the 4 colors had dried I went over them with black (Wet n wild - Black creme) and sealed everything with topcoat (Poshé).

I like how this combination of colors turned out, but I think I could have done it a bit neater. I forgot to wrap my tips in black and I left a bit too much white around the edges for my taste. But that's ok, practise makes perfect!  I hope you guys like it, and see you next week!

1. You can never go wrong with dry brushed nail art! Love the colour scheme!

2. I love love love distressed nails, so easy to do but so effective. This has an almost animal print quality to it, and that base coat is such a nice colour!

3. I love it with these colors! I really want to wear some clothing in this pattern. :)

4. Color Me So Crazy23 February, 2015 21:30

I love the color combo of this!! I love doing distressed nails because I feel no matter how you do them, they always look different. Awesome!!

5. I love the colors and I like that they're just peeking through :)

6. With that glossy wet top coat, it looks like a little piece of art:)

7. It's a totally fabulous mani. I keep seeing new patterns in there every time I shift my eyes.

8. Distressed are sooo awesome! There's basically no way one can go wrong and they're so easy, too!
    And I'll agree with Jessica - the fab thing about these is the cheeky pinks and oranges peeking through ;)

9. These look awesome! The colors are perfect for a grunge-y Spring look!

10. Love love love this! The color combo is perfect!

11. This is AMAZING! Love the color choices

12. I love how these came out! The combo of purple and orange (and all the others!) is perfect!! I have to try distressed nails sometime soon :)

13. LOVE it!! We're always our own worst critics, but believe me this nail work is awesome! :D

14. These are awesome! The color combo is great and gives them a lot of depth.

15. ValiantlyVarnished24 February, 2015 05:20

Love these!

16. Jennifer Channell24 February, 2015 06:01

All I can say is WOW!!! Beautiful job!

17. I loooove distressed looks! And I SUPER love the colours you chose for this! I like how they peek out through the black!

18. Cosmetic Sanctuary24 February, 2015 06:41

You picked amazing colors for this! Gorgeous

19. Kristin Stuthard-Mendoza24 February, 2015 07:14

This is gorgeous!! Love love love.

20. Heh, It does look a bit like animal print! Weird haha.
    Thank you!

21. Ooh, a nice light scarf in these colours would be awesome!

22. Thank you very much!

23. I think I spent half an hour picking matching colors haha. I'm glad you like them!

24. glad you like them!

25. :D Thanks Jennifer!

26. Thank you Katherine!

27. Thank you very much!

28. Moet ik ook echt weer eens maken..! Mooi!

29. I adore the way this actually turned out. I always forget about wrapping my tips too so don't feel bad lol.

30. Love this look, again! You so rock distressed manis!

31. Yesssssssss I love it!!!

32. You always do such a great job with the distressed look. The color combination is fantastic!

33. Ja, echt doen! Ik vind ze erg leuk om te maken :)
    Dank je!

34. Aahw, thanks so much!

35. :D thank you very much!

36. I have decided I am going to try and make a painting with these colors and technique :D! It just looks SO pretty.

37. The Polished Mommy25 February, 2015 21:03

These are gorgeous!! They're dark but have that pop of color!