09 April 2015

Nailart using China Glaze Boho Blues

Hi loves! Recently I've been doing some more nailart, mostly because I purchased the El Corazon Cuticle Defender from Hypnotic Polish and well, not having to do excessive clan-up after stamping, doing gradients, splatters and such really helps with the motivation to actually do those nailarts :-).

If you're curious how I achieved this look, be sure to keep reading!

To start this look, I used 2 coats of the beautiful China Glaze Boho Blues, which I reviewed previously here. It is such a fun shade of blue/periwinkle - bright & soft at the same time. Like I said, I painted on 2 coats and let it dry for a bit. While letting it dry I applied the El Corazon Cuticle Defender all around my nails (also across the top of my fingers) and made sure I didn't smoosh my fingers together. Tip: if you're a klutz like me, you can also work 3 nails at a time (thumb, middle, pinky) and then do the other 2. This way you can't smoosh them together and make the latex barrier stick to each other.

The El Corazon Cutcile Defender is so easy to apply for me. It has a regular polish brush which makes it easy to cover large areas, but it also comes quite close to your cuticles without covering parts of your nail. If you have a latex allergy or think you might have an allergy, be sure to test this product first on a small patch of skin or maybe stay clear of it all together. It dries quite quickly on me and peels off easily, so I really like using it :-).

After the El Corazon Cuticle Defender dried I grabbed Cirque Colors Memento Mori and some saran wrap and dabbed my nails with the black. It came out a bit too stark so I went back in with China Glaze Boho Blues to soften the look again. After it dried I used my Konad white stamping polish and MoYou London Fashionista 04 to stamp on the design. After I was done with stamping I peeled the latex barrier away and was left with so little clean-up! Pure heaven!

What is your favorite latex cuticle protector? And what do you think of this look? Tell me in the comments!

1. Love love love this look! So pretty!

2. Shawna Harrold09 April, 2015 21:17

This is just gorgeous!! My go to latex is Lickety Split by Ellagee :)

3. This is gorgeous! Love the saran wrap/granite look. I have been using some of the hair glue as a latex barrier, but it smells really bad. Works great, though!

4. ValiantlyVarnished09 April, 2015 21:36

Beautiful! Love the colors you chose for the base design. Saran wrap manis look so good under stamping.

5. I am forever in awe of your flawless stamping skills! Love the complex simplicity of these (is that a thing?? haha)...the simple textured base with the pattern is so visually striking and beautiful!

6. Stacy Plowman-Pennock09 April, 2015 22:52

Holy shizzle!! These are so awesome!!

7. I love the effect on these - not only is the pattern great, the fact that you went for some saran wrap/stone thingy effect, took it to a whole other level! Love, love, love!

ps.Everytime I hear you ladies rave about these cuticle protectors, makes me want to definitely go and buy one for myself. I still do all types of nailart regardless, yes, but it sure sounds a lot easier ;)

8. Color Me So Crazy10 April, 2015 02:30

I love the Saran base color combo. I was thinking of doing a Saran tonight but I am still narrowing down the color choices.

9. I flipping adore how you did the base before you added the stamping!! Seriously so marble-y (is that a word?!) and gorgeous! haha! :D

10. This is such a complex design. I looove the base combination and pattern. That would make a beautiful scarf or blouse!

11. Виктория Артамонова10 April, 2015 08:49

I use Crystalline Nail Veil from Color4Nails (one of my favorite stockists, by the way), I love it for the price )) and it works great, too. I was excited about Liquid Palisade when it first appeared in the market, but now that there are so many cheaper alternatives, I'll never pay $22 for Palisade ))

12. I have Chirality Latex Tactical Shield and just plain liquid latex from Amazon. I tend the grab the regular latex more often, I get such satisfaction peeling it off lol. I love the combo of the black and periwinkle here. :)

13. I was going to attempt a saran wrap myself today but then the sun was shining high and I went for holo instead LOL. I just got my first cuticle defender, the P2 one, I think it's glue though, and not latex. I still have to use it because I honestly don't get that much mess doing gradients or else, and I just feel it's quicker for me to just dab the excess with a q-tip and finish the rest as usual with brush and acetone.
    Anyway, long comment here LOL, sorry! I love the final look!!

14. These are so gorgeous Deborah! I'm in love with them <3 You really make me want to try the El Corazon latex!

15. So much that I love about this! I have yet to try the saran wrap method, but this certainly makes me want to.

16. Every single one of your nail arts is unique and original. You're so talented and you got so much sense of style!!

17. I am absolutely in love with this Deborah - drooling over the gorgeous!

18. Myishia Simmons10 April, 2015 22:29

Priscilla Contreras introduced me to proclaim hair glue from sally's. It works just like the liquid latex for half the price, so I've been sticking to that.

19. Ohhh this is lovely. You always choose such great colour combos!

20. This is AWESOME! I adore the colors you used for the base, they looks so awesome with that technique!

21. It's so kick-ass and amazing! The design and the colours, ahhhhh I love it!